Friday, January 16, 2009

Somebody had the balls to fire John Gruden

And that somebody was Tampa Bay Buccaneer's co-chairman Joel Glazer. Gruden was let go today as head coach of the Bucs, after the team missed the playoffs for the fourth time in six years since winning the Super Bowl in 2002. After a 9-3 start this season, the Bucs tanked, especially in Decemeber, losing their last four games to miss out on post-season play. I don't imagine that John Gruden is an easy guy to fire. If I were the Bucs, I would have sacrificed a puny intern to deliver the news to him. That way, nobody important gets hurt. I also don't imagine that Gruden will be without work for long. He's well liked, and I'm sure there a number of teams that would love to bring him on. Theres a pretty good job open in Indy right now.

No comments: